Blog Archive

Monday, October 14, 2013

Piano Makeover...

Well my sweet Mom handed down the piano I grew up playing and we decided to give it a little face-lift. :) It was quite the project in the heat of the summer...but I got this paint you just slab onto any surface and it adheres with no sanding. So...it was the first time I've ever really painted anything...but it was a fun undertaking. I'm SO excited to polish up my piano playing skills, have I sat down and played it yet? not really...but I want to! One day... ;) we have a lot of kids and life is so busy...but one day...it's ready & waiting. Brent has learned all of the chords....and maybe I'll start teaching the kids, too. haha! I love having it, though. Here's how it turned out.

first coat before the wax...

 
after the second coat and wax (it's dark outside and this is in the garage ;))
It's inside! Marli tinkering around on it. 

 ...and one more with Mason's eyes shut. haha...

No comments: